Here are 5 ways to start & finish your day off stress free (whether you work from home or not!):
- Get plenty of sleep the night before. Sleep is essential for your brain & body to function at peak performance. As a home business owner it is hard to turn your brain off and stop working sometimes when your office is also your home. Try to go to bed and get up at the same time each day and get that full 7-8 hours sleep though so you don’t feel exhausted or hit burn out.
- Spend some time meditating and deep breathing before getting up. Don’t jump out of bed and rush into your day. Take some time to let yourself wake up peacefully, stretch and do some deep breathing. Think about or say out loud some positive affirmations, what you are grateful for and what your goals and intentions for the day ahead are.
- Take care of yourself first before you start taking care of business. Take a shower, get dressed, have a good, healthy breakfast before heading into your home office (area) and diving into your work.
- Have a plan in place for what you want to achieve each day. Knowing what is on the agenda, what your priority tasks are and having theme days for what to work on each day in your business, can help you work smarter & be more successful. Take a few minutes at the end of each day to write down your top 3 priorities for the next day, review your appointments and upcoming projects in your planner.
- Keep your office organized. Clutter kills productivity. When you finish up your work each day, take just 5 minutes to put papers, files, binders and other business supplies back in their rightful place. This way when you head back into your office you will feel inspired to dive into your work instead of stressed about trying to find your files or overwhelmed by the clutter.
Looking forward to applying your techniques and ideas into my Avon Business.
Thanks so much Sheila! I see you just joined our FB group too, I look forward to connecting with you!
I definitely try to lay in bed and wake up slowly when allowed… I also drink 8 oz. of water before my feet hit the ground. This way my body can physically get ready for the day!