Seven actions you can take to reach your goals faster
Have you ever wondered how some people reach their goals faster than others do or how they reach them at all? Having a goal is just the start. You need to develop a mindset of success and learn how to overcome the obstacles that will surely come your way. Here are 7 actions you can take to help you reach your goals faster.
1. Find and follow your passion. Passion and a commitment to a specific cause or goal is what fuels success. When you follow your passion, you will find your purpose and your productivity will explode.
2. Be very specific about what your goals are and what you want to achieve. Write your goals and action plan down. When we break our big goals down into smaller goals and workable action plans, it will be much easier to see the progress we are making. Writing your goals and action plans down is equally important as it helps hold you accountable and put yours vision into something tangible.
3. Practice Positive Thinking. “Whether you think you can or can’t, you’re right.” Henry Ford Do not let your fears, doubts or negative thinking hold you back from reaching your goals. Be positive and positive things will happen. You are what you think and what you think about is what will come to fruition
4. Get out of your comfort zone. Reaching your goals and dreams will require you to do things that make you feel uncomfortable, maybe even downright sick to your stomach. Every step you take outside your comfort zone will get you one step closer to your dreams though.
5. Spend time with other successful people. Find a mentor in your field, join networking groups with other people in your niche and connect with others who have similar goals. If you want to be the best in your field, then it makes sense to learn from the best in your field. Business is really all about building relationships and you may make some great friendships too.
6. Use your own unique personality and skills to your advantage. Focus on your strengths and run with them. If you need to hire someone to help you with administrative tasks, marketing or any areas that might hold you back from reaching your goals, then do it. Don’t waste time doing things you do not enjoy or are not skilled at. You should be spending that time improving your strengths and following your true passion.
7. Learn to view obstacles as learning experiences and not as road blocks. “Brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want something badly enough. They are there to keep out the other people.” – Randy Pausch Learn from your mistakes and the obstacles that you encounter. Continue to improve and adjust as you work to reach your goals. The most important thing is to just keep going and to never, ever give up!