I really cannot tell you how excited I am about Lysa TerKeurst’s new book “The Best Yes” Making Wise Decisions in the Midst of Endless Demands. Oh how I have needed this book!
As women we often over schedule ourselves. We feel bad saying no to people. We want to do it all. We do not want to disappoint people. I have learned, especially in the past two years that you cannot say yes to everything because it will make you fail at most everything. I am still working on shifting my desire to please everyone and make everyone else happy to pleasing God first and foremost. I am still learning to say yes to the best things, the things God really intends for us to use our time, talents and abilities on. I am sure this book will continue to help me shift my mindset and learn more how I can give my best yes & most most of say yes to what God really has planned for my life.
Lysa is one of my most favorite authors. (Unglued is another amazing book of hers!) Last night she kicked off the book with a live event and webcast of the event. If you missed it you can watch it here: http://lysaterkeurst.com/ (The recording will be posted sometime later today so if you don’t see it yet, check her site out again later.)
It was a great webcast with worship, inspiration, laughter and real life advice from other women in Christ who are learning how to say yes to the very best things God has planned for them.
Another wonderful thing is when you purchase The Best Yes, you are helping pay it forward and help others. Lysa & her husband decided to donate all the profit from this book to several Christian organizations including helping improve/build an orphanage in Tanzania.
Here are my Top 10 Takeaways from the webcast last night (in no particular order). There are just a few nuggets from the webcast. I cannot wait to read the entire book and share a more detailed review.
1. “The more we do battle on our knees, the less we have to do battle with our flesh.”
2. “Every decision we make either leads us closer to Christ (and God’s will) or further from Christ (and God’s will).”
3. “Wisdom makes decisions for today that are still good for tomorrow.”
4. “Wise women go where wisdom gathers, not where it scatters.”
5. “While we look for God, suddenly inconveniences become divine appointments.”
6. “Sometimes we want God to give us big signs, but sometimes God just wants us to pay attention.”
7. “Overwhelmed Schedule = Underwhelmed Soul. We need to flip that!”
8. “If you feel dread, drama or that your yes might disappoint something or someone else important, then the thing you are considering might not be the best yes.”
9. “Don’t confuse the command/call to love with the disease/need to please.”
10. “There is a Master Provider… and it’s not me”
ALSO, I want to pay it forward & I am going to personally give away TWO copies of Lysa TerKeurst’s new book “The Best Yes”! I will give away two books to 1 person and I just ask that the winner pay it forward and give the 2nd book to a friend or family member that also needs the encouragement this book offers.
Giveaway will end Saturday Aug 23 at 12:00am est. Open to US Residents Only 18+. Void where prohibited. This giveaway is personally sponsored by Misty Kearns, owner of CEO of Me
What do you think? Are you reading or planning to read “The Best Yes”? I would love if you would leave a comment below and share this post on social media too. Thank you!